You can add the NHS logo and pharmacy descriptor line to leaflets and posters that cover information solely on the NHS services you provide.
You must not use the NHS logo on leaflets or posters containing any other information, or on pharmacy promotional or advertising materials.
The specifications for using the NHS logo and pharmacy descriptor line on leaflets and posters are as follows:
- Pharmacy descriptor line: use version B of the pharmacy descriptor line – ‘Providing NHS services’.
- Logo size: on A5/DL leaflets, the minimum height for the NHS logo is 8.5mm; on A4 leaflets, the minimum height for the NHS logo is 10mm; on A3 posters, the minimum height for the NHS logo is 12.5mm.
- Positioning: the NHS logo and descriptor line must be added as a fixed unit in its own space by running a white or NHS Blue band across the base of the leaflet page or poster.
- Exclusion zone: observe an exclusion zone around the NHS logo and pharmacy descriptor line, equal to the height of the NHS logo.
- Colour: if you are printing in colour, use the coloured version of the NHS logo and pharmacy descriptor line, or reverse it out of a blue band. If you are printing in black and white, use the black version or reverse the NHS logo and descriptor line out of a black background. The NHS logo and pharmacy descriptor line must never be reproduced in your own corporate colour.
Pharmacy leaflet cover/poster examples
Last updated: 04/06/10